Honey is good for the human body. It strengthens the immune system, gives enough energy.
In general terms, honey contains:
Vitamins (B, C, E)
Acids (in particular folic acid)
Due to the fact that honey contains a lot of fast carbohydrates, if you overeat it, it can affect the pancreas and kidneys.
! !! In no case should honey be heated - this is how its useful substances are destroyed, and substances harmful to the human body are released. Unscrupulous packers can heat honey to make it easier to pour into containers, which is generally unacceptable.
Artificial Honey, which is commonly used in industrial (non-domestic) cooking, does not contain natural enzymes and pollen.
How to distinguish natural honey:
- There is no such thing as honey. Natural honey has a color from light gold to deep brown. Everything else is the results of the addition of dyes.
- Beekeepers recommend choosing among varieties that have existed for a long time (linden, acacia, herbs), and not chasing exotic.
- One of the signs of naturalness is the thick/hard (like butter) state of honey (as a result of crystallization).
- Different regions specialize in different honey. If one seller on the market, for example, has 15-20 varieties of honey at once, then the question immediately arises: Where is his apiary located and what is real from this honey.
When buying honey, it is very important to know about the location of the apiaries.
* Lead may end up in honey collected along roads.
* near factories/plants/in the fields - honey can be with antibiotics and chemicals.
* honey can provoke poisoning when when is harvested from poisonous plants .
A separate question - bees . Due to the fact that the use of pesticides and other chemical substances is now very common in agriculture, bees have become under threat of death. But they are the main ones in pollination of plants.
Choose high-quality honey, with benefits for your health!